Not sure how y’all feel about oversized pulleys and all, but Kogel is jumping into the fray (craze?) with its Kolossos oversized pulley system.
Quick take on the Kolossos:
• It is said to be three times stiffer than its competitors and twice as stiff as the stock Ultegra R8000 cage.
• The lower 19t pulley has a higher tooth profile to improve retention, along with a built in chain catcher on the cage to prevent jamming. Off-road capable, clutch compatible. Fits both long and short cage derailleurs. Both pulleys are of course running on Kogel’s buttery-smooth ceramic bearings.
• Weighs in at a claimed 80 grams and is fully serviceable.
• Pre-order currently available for Shimano (Dura Ace 9100, Ultegra R8000, GRX and RX800) mechanical and Di2 Derailleurs. SRAM eTap AXS version to come later in spring 2020.
• The Kolossos will be available in fire engine red, Midas gold, or black for $349.99 through the end of January. Prices will go up to $399.99 in February.
We also like the way it looks, damn it.